ADOPTION OR GUARDIANSHIP
Which one is right for me?
Shared Beginnings ca provide you information about the process for an intrafamily adoption and connect you with local ethical attorneys to complete the process. If a Home Study is needed they can assist you in completing that extensive process. Review below some of the options you may have.
DOCUMENTS & COSTS
Scholarship information available based on need.
- Both Adoptive parents photo ID
- Adoptive parents Marriage license
- Biological parents photo ID
- Child’s Original Birth Certificate
- Lease Agreement of Adoptive Parents or Utility Bill to prove residency
- $185 filing fee
- $27.50 birth certificate fee
- $500 lawyer fee
- $800 home study fee (if needed)
- $500 agency administrative fee
- Federal adoption tax credit available to cover all fees listed above. Complete IRS Form 8839