At Shared Beginnings, we understand the importance of kinship adoption and family preservation. Whether you’re considering intrafamily adoption or seeking to preserve familial bonds, we’re here to support you every step of the way. Our team can provide valuable information about the kinship adoption process and connect you with trusted local attorneys who specialize in ethical adoption practices. If a Home Study is required, we offer assistance in navigating this thorough process.
DOCUMENTS & COSTS
Scholarship information available based on need
- Both adoptive parents photo ID
- Adoptive parents marriage license
- Biological parents photo ID
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Lease agreement of adoptive parents or utility bill to prove residence
- $185 filing fee
- $27.50 birth certificate fee
- $500 lawyer fee
- $800 home study fee (if needed)
- $500 agency administrative fee
- Federal adoption tax credit available to cover all fees listed above. Complete IRS Form.
INTERESTED IN KINSHIP ADOPTION?
Please fill out this form and we will answer you soon.